The following research topics will form the fundamental objectives during the next period:
- Relativistic modeling, including extension of the IAU model to geodesy, investigations on the use of emission coordinate systems.
- External evaluation of TRF.
- TRF by multi-technique data analysis versus hierarchical combinations.
- Global Geodetic Observatories, concepts and practical implementation.
- TRF versus dynamical topographic models.
- Relation with standardization or certification activities (ISO, GEO...).