Programme of Activities
- Continue to develop the EUREF Permanent Network (EPN) in close cooperation with IGS, for the maintenance of the European Terrestrial Reference Frame, as a contribution to the ITRF and as infrastructure to support practical applications for precise positioning and referencing geo-information.
- Extend the Unified European Levelling Network (UELN) and prepare it to be computed under a geokinematic approach using the European Combined Geodetic Network (ECGN) for a long-term maintenance of the European Vertical Reference Frame.
- Support new developments in reference frame realization and application by introduction of new technologies like real-time data transfer and products as well as Galileo for precise positioning.
- Establish a dense velocity field model in Europe for the long-term maintenance of the European reference frame.
- Consider the contribution to the IAG Program GGOS (Global Geodetic Observing System) using the installed infra-structures managed by the EUREF members.
- Promote the adoption of the reference systems defined by EUREF (ETRS89 - European Terrestrial Reference System 1989 and EVRS -European Vertical Reference System) in the European countries and European-wide initiatives related to geo-referencing activities like INSPIRE.
- Organize annual symposia addressing activities carried out at national and European-wide level related with the global work and objectives of EUREF.