The objectives of the Sub-commission 1.3 e are:
- The densification of the ITRF and promotion of its use in the Asia Pacific region.
- To encourage the sharing of GNSS data from Continuously Operating Reference Stations (CORS) in the region.
- To develop a better understanding of crustal motion in the region.
- To promote the collocation of different measurement techniques, such as GPS, VLBI, SLR, DORIS and tide gauges, and the maintenance of precise local geodetic ties at these sites.
- To outreach to developing countries through symposia, workshops, training courses, and technology transfer activities.